Dry Needling in San Diego, CA
What is Dry Needling?
Benefits of Dry Needling
- Pain Relief: Dry needling helps relieve muscle and fascia pain, making it an effective treatment option for athletic injuries, repetitive stress injuries, chronic pain, and more.
- Improved Function: By addressing muscle imbalances and promoting proper muscle firing, dry needling can help reset and improve overall muscle function.
- Increased Flexibility: Dry needling can target specific muscles and release tension, helping to increase flexibility and improve range of motion.
- Injury Prevention: Regular dry needling sessions can help prevent sports injuries by addressing muscle imbalances and enhancing muscle function.
- Performance Optimization: Whether you’re an athlete or an individual aiming to improve physical performance, dry needling can optimize muscle function, leading to enhanced athletic performance.
Why work with Licensed Acupuncturist Chris Brenner for your Dry Needling needs?
If you are looking for a safe and effective way to relieve your pain, dry needling may be the right treatment for you. Contact us today to schedule a session.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) - Dry Needling Services
After receiving dry needling treatment, it is important to follow certain guidelines to optimize your recovery and ensure the best possible outcome. Here are some recommendations:
- Stay hydrated: Drink an increased amount of water than usual to help flush out toxins and reduce muscle soreness. Proper hydration supports the body's natural healing process.
- Stretching: Engage in gentle stretching exercises to promote blood flow, improve flexibility, and prevent muscle stiffness. Consult with your healthcare provider or a qualified professional to learn appropriate stretches for your specific needs.
- Lightly massage the needled areas: Gentle self-massage around the treated areas can help alleviate any residual discomfort and promote relaxation. Use light pressure and listen to your body's response.
Muscle Contraction Sensation: When the needle is inserted through the skin, you may experience a mild contraction within the muscle, which can cause some discomfort. It's important to note that these contractions are generally considered a positive response.
Post-Treatment Soreness: It is common to feel soreness after a dry needling session, which can last for up to 48 hours. This post-treatment soreness is typically expected and should not raise concerns. However, if the pain persists beyond two days, it may indicate that dry needling may not be suitable for you.